|This sums me up nicely|
I sent Mistress a blog post to read that I found interesting. She found another post it that same blog that she forwarded to me. The post is about trying to maintain D/s in a long term relationship. Here is the jist of the article.
"I've always found it difficult to be a good Domme to someone I love. For me, it takes a little distance to dominate someone well. But being IN love with my sub seems to make domming even more challenging for me. Cohabitation didn't help matters..."
Mistress seems to believe she has this same challenge. She has a hard time being "mean" to me because of our closeness. When we first started dating, Mistress came up with some pretty good and intense scenes. She ordered me into chastity more readily. She tied me up or dominated me in some other way almost every time we were together. She would punish me for even being one minute late to our dates. She would require me to be wearing panties, stocking and garters when we went to the movies. She would text me several times a day telling me her evil thoughts.
Now dating for 6 years and living together for 5 years has us in a very comfortable relationship. We have our routines and responsibilities that keeps us grounded. We also get along with each other better than we have with past partners. We both believe we are in the best relationship of our lives and wouldn't change that for anything in the world. Now don't get me wrong. Mistress can still be plenty mean. She can beat the insides of my thighs until I am bruised and she can smack me in the calls until I can feel it in my stomach. She has it in her. I'm just hoping to get her to the next level as a sadist. There is nothing that turns me on seeing her get dripping wet when she hurts me.
Mistress was speculating last night that if we weren't so close and familiar she thinks she could be meaner. There just isn't a good way to test out this theory as we obviously aren't going to break up to see if she will be meaner to me.
She asked me to post to this blog the idea of having another Mistress come to our house and teach her how to be meaner to me. For those of you reading this, please leave a comment if you have any input or ideas on this.
I can appreciate Mistress's point of view. Our first couple of play scenes was with me dominating Mistress. They went OK, but not great. First off, she thought she was submissive. I quickly helped her realize she wasn't. When she was put in a situation that she couldn't get out of she fought back (and not in a submissive way). When I slapped her in the face several times, she didn't ask me to stop, but took it. Again, not in a submissive way. My attempt to Dom her stopped at that time and we started shifting to a female dominant relationship.
Now if Mistress kept insisting she was submissive, I would have kept going and kept trying. So long as she was begging to be treated this way, I would push through, being sure to get both of our needs and wants met. Would I have a harder time being "mean" after 5 or 6 years? I don't think so. If she wanted me to treat her badly (because she liked it), I really believe I could do it.
I don't see D/s or even intense and sadistic D/s as "mean". To me, mean is doing something to someone with the intention of hurting them in a way that is purposefully negative. In the context of a consensual D/s "mean" is a positive.
There are many activities in the D/s world that are barbaric to those on the outside. Stun guns, waterboarding, breath control, needle play, cutting, branding, beatings, spanking, choking, pissing, collars, chains, rape, bondage, etc. All of these items in a prison or a military setting are considered torture. In the D/s world there are thousands of people worldwide that use many of these same things to have their needs met. When done consensually a barbaric torture can be an erotic fantasy come true.
Now I can try to rationalize that treating me in bad ways makes sense, but that doesn't really address Mistress's problem of trying to be meaner to me in our day to day. I don't want discount her insecurities as they are as real as my insecurities. I would like for us both to push through our insecurities to take us to the next level. Here are some random thoughts on this topic that popped up in my head about how to make this transition. I do not intend for any of this to be topping from the bottom, merely ways to help promote dialog and set positive examples.
- Trust. We have been together for so long I trust Mistress implicitly. Because of this I can trust her meanness to be exactly what I need. She can also trust that I won't ask for something I can't handle.
- Don't think of it as being mean. A personal trainer isn't mean to his clients. He pushes them past their comfort level and he challenges them. Some people get sore after working out with a trainer, some even get sick because they got pushed so hard. In the end the customer likes the experience so much they pay the trainer and schedule another appointment. Is that mean?
- Have me be mean to myself as a demonstration. I can be very mean to myself. Would it help if I created a scene for Mistress to watch so she could see what I can endure? I have dozens of self torture scenes or situations I can think of to demonstrate.
- Lock myself in the cage. Mistress still has yet to do this to me. I would get up early one morning or wait until she stepped out for an appointment. I would lock myself up and toss the key out of reach and send her a picture of me locked up. Would that help or hurt?
- Start watching porn videos or reading femdom blogs of real people. I have collected a large library of all types of D/s movies and can recommend many blogs. One of the things Mistress did when we first met is she watched a lot of porn and did a lot of research on D/s. I believe that these things normalize the activities and makes mean seem not so mean. It also gets the creative juices flowing.
- Have me find an online Domme or Dom. Tell them our situation and have me follow their instructions while Mistress watches or participates at her comfort level.
- Have Mistress find an online sub. Someone she could practice on and see if distance creates an ability to be meaner.
- Some Mistress's have their slave sleep in a separate room and use a separate bathroom. This creates the needed distance in their minds to treat their slave more slave-like. A week as a test might be interesting
- Create different personas. By taking on a character, you can compartmentalize the sadist from the loving partner. I use my Sophia personality as an alternate personality to make being fully feminized more palatable. If we ever went out in public I would be fully in my Sophia personality.
- Find a pro-domme to mentor us. I imagine a first appointment where I direct the torture. I think it would a positive to see how much I would take. From there, we could have the domme help Mistress with where she wants to take me. I can also imagine Mistress seeing this domme dominate other men to see how common this desire to be treated badly is.
- 24, 48, 72 hours of pure D/s. We plan a time for me to be a 100% slave. I would have a safe word or 2, but unless I used it, Mistress could push as hard as she desires.
In short, I would love it if Mistress were meaner. We have all the time in the world so we can take small steps. Just know that I am "all in". I also want you to enjoy being meaner. I will do whatever it takes to make that happen.
If any readers have any ideas, your comments would be appreciated.